“Your FREE Vendor Central” for Full Icecat users
In the recent roll-out with Teknosa, a major electronics retailer in Turkey, the Icecat PIM is promoted by Teknosa to all its vendors as its Free Vendor Central. Tens of local brand reps have since then registered at Icecat PIM to add missing product content for Teknosa, such as marketing texts and localized PDFs. This is an approach that is embraced by more retailers.
The Icecat PIM, the editorial backoffice of Icecat, is already in use by 100s of internal and external editors, including specialized or generic brand reps, often as part of an Open Icecat agreement.
Free Vendor Central
So what’s new? Now, the Icecat PIM is also available as a free-of-charge Vendor Central for our 1000s of Full Icecat (web) retail clients, such as Teknosa, that have already a seamlessly working integration with the Icecat data pool. The main benefit for such retail clients and their suppliers is that they can cost-effectively optimize the buying experience of customers by completing their product content with all data that helps a customer to make an informed buying decision, whereby the connected retailer is committed to transparently publish all the requested additional content on its website. Typically, localized images and PDFs are added. Better content leads to improved sales conversion, reversely, undescribed products don’t sell as they are often excluded from retailer catalogs.
So, what are the key benefits:
- free-of-charge Vendor Central for a retailer that has already a working Full Icecat integration (preferably, using XML or JSON)
- key retailer has committed to publish the additional vendor data on its websites, preferably near real-time or in daily updates
- the key retailer can use Icecat as it’s own PIM Cloud as well, to create a seamless workflow
- brand reps only need to add missing product content or missing digital assets, such as extra product images and PDFs, in the PIM back-office
- easy-to-use editorial backoffice, stress tested and in use by 100s of users already
- a generic standardized taxonomy is present, maintained by Icecat, to allow product comparison by consumers
What is not standard included in the Free Vendor Central?
- API integrations with manufacturer databases
- Support of brand-specific taxonomies
- Open Icecat sponsorship by brands to allow free use of product content by any retail partner of the brand
- Brand-driven Digital Rights Management (DRM) for digital assets or private catalogs for authorized partners only
- A stand-alone multi-source PIM environment such as Iceshop PIM or Syndy’s PIM for brand/retailer template transformations
If you are interested to activate your own Free Vendor Central, to improve your brands’ product content together with your partners, then don’t hesitate to contact us: