Leading CEE Marketplace Allegro Co-operates with Icecat to Expand its Catalog
Allegro – a major Poland-based online ecommerce platform with 100 million users in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) – is teaming up with Icecat to expand and improve its product catalog. This partnership will allow more people to easily buy products which might have not been available before, in this fast growing market. The Icecat-Allegro cooperation gives manufacturers the possibility to penetrate the Polish market more easily, to increase local sales.
Allegro supports two different selling models on its platform:
- Buy now – the sales price is fixed
- Auction – bidding on products determines the sales price
There is also an option to combine these two models, however, at the moment most of the offers are just using the buy now option.
Further, Allegro has brand areas, which allows global brands to present special offers: discounts, limited editions, etc.
To quickly and accurately process content on its e-commerce platforms, Allegro decided to integrate product content in an automated manner through Icecat.
For Allegro, the benefits of the close cooperation with Icecat are:
- Accelerated publishing of brand’s portfolio on Allegro’s e-commerce platform
- Ability to expand the current catalog due to automatic content distribution
- Faster processing of updates and (re)launches by automatic links between Icecat and Allegro
- Optimal content for end-users by reducing the risk of incorrect information