Coverage Analysis of Your Catalog
All shops want good product information, for as many of their products as possible. Therefore, before implementing Icecat, and choosing between Open and Full Icecat, it’s critical to know your catalog coverage.
In general, Icecat strives to cover at least 90% of the stock portfolios of mainstream distributors. Icecat, together with its brand, distribution and retail partners, monitor this coverage daily as input for editors.
Quick Coverage Analysis
If you want to analyze the percentage of your products covered by Icecat, follow these steps:
2. Upload your catalog to Icecat – Go to “Upload your file” at https://www.icecat.biz/MyPricelist/ and setup the import.
3. Check the results for Open and Full Icecat at: https://www.icecat.biz/myPriceImportStatus/
4. The results will give you the match percentages for Open and Full Icecat, and you will get a list of the products Icecat didn’t recognized.
Extensive analysis (Do it yourself)
If you want a more extensive analyse, you can download the whole catalog of Icecat: https://data.Icecat.biz/prodid/prodid_d.txt.gz This enables you to make an extensive coverage for yourself. We have to warn you however this is a lot of work.
Explanation of the information.
- Market presence=Y in the matching file indicates that we notice that the product is currently present at least in one distributor’s catalog.
- Quality=Icecat means that Icecat editors have standardized the data-sheet.
- Quality=SUPPLIER means that the data-sheet is auto-imported from a manufacturer’s CMS, and may be queued for standardization.
- Quality=NOEDITOR means that our editors did not create a data-sheet yet, nor did we auto-import manufacturer data; so, it is only the raw data as we received it from channel partners.
Extensive analyse (by Icecat)
If you want more information or tailored analysis, please contact us: Contact Page.