Amazon Europe Chooses Icecat as Content Syndication Partner
In order to offer a better online customer experience, Amazon Europe takes up-to-date product data from the Icecat catalog for the following markets: Germany, United Kingdom, France, Spain, and Italy.
Thanks to an automated end-to-end system integration, Amazon currently pulls from Icecat:
- Multiple images
- Standardized specifications
- Bullet points (in progress)
Andrés Arribas, Product Manager at Amazon, certifies:
“We integrate in all categories all the info provided by Icecat. If Icecat has information from one product, Amazon integrates it. We are improving our mapping to integrate also Rich Media and maximize the usage of Icecat, as this is a very valuable information source from us”.
Manufacturers should meet the following requirements:
- A product image should be an attractive, professional, high-resolution picture that fills 85 to 100 percent of the image area.
- The background has to be pure white (pure white blends in with the Amazon.com search and item detail pages with RGB values of 255, 255, 255).
- Natural shading or light reflection are acceptable if they are high quality, realistic, and blend into the pure white background.
- Image has to show the entire product; no part of the product may be cut off or sectioned in the image.
- Do not include accessories or props that are not included in the delivery of the product as it may confuse the customer.
- Do not include multiple views of the same product in a single image (use additional images for additional views).
- Do not include additional text that is about something that is not part of the product.
- Do not include website URLs, advertising, pricing or discount information, or QR codes.
- Do not include graphics, drawings, illustrations, logos, or watermarks.
- Only photos of the delivered products are allowed. Designs or sketches of the products are not accepted.
- For books, CDs, DVDs, and other media products, the main image should be a photograph or scan of the front cover.
If you want to have more information on how to deliver your product data in the correct way to meet Amazon’s requirements, please contact us.