Walmart Certifies Icecat as Content Provider
Walmart has approved Icecat as one of its Certified Content Service Providers for manufacturer product data, i.e., Icecat ensures that your brand’s product information is syndicated towards Walmart’s ecommerce environment. Icecat takes care to capture, standardize, host and deliver product content on behalf of your brands and according to Walmart’s specific requirements for data attributes and formats.
“We are very excited to have passed the test of Walmart”, says Emre Tan, who led Icecat’s Walmart integration team, “it opens the door to help our brand clients to easily integrate with Walmart and fully meet Walmart’s minimum or recommended content requirements”.
Some examples of the specific Walmart content requirements, that Icecat takes care of, are:
- Product identifiers such as GTIN (EAN, UPC), Product Code and Categorization
- Unique product names of 50-75 characters for SEO
- Useful marketing texts of at least 150 characters
- Mapping of (key) specs to Walmart’s data model
- Key product features as bullet points for compelling sales arguments
- JPG Images of at least 2000x2000px (preferred 3000x3000px) @ 300dpi for zoom capability
Walmart’s rich media requirements are among others:
- videos with product demos or how-tos of 0:30 – 2:30mins
- 3D product views
- PDFs for warranty, leaflets and manuals
For further questions, please contact your Icecat account manager, or register now (FREE).