This document is the license under which Open Icecat Content (OIC) is made available for use.
Terms and Conditions for Copying, Distributing, and Modifying Items other than copying, distributing, and modifying the OIC with which this license was distributed (such as using, etc.) are outside the scope of this license.
1. You may copy and distribute exact replicas of the OIC as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the OIC a copy of this License along with the OIC. You may at your option charge a fee for the media and/or handling involved in creating a unique copy of the OIC for use offline, you may at your option offer instructional support for the OIC in exchange for a fee, or you may at your option offer warranty in exchange for a fee. You may not charge a fee for the OIC itself. You may not charge a fee for the sole service of providing access to and/or use of the OIC via a network (e.g. the Internet), whether it be via the world wide web, FTP, or any other method.
2. You may modify your copy or copies of the OIC or any portion of it, thus forming works based on the Content, and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:a) You must cause the modified content to carry prominent notices stating that you changed it, the exact nature and content of the changes, and the date of any change.b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the OIC or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License, unless otherwise permitted under applicable Fair Use law.
These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the OIC, and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based on the OIC, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it. Exceptions are made to this requirement to release modified works free of charge under this license only in compliance with Fair Use law where applicable.
3. You are not required to accept this License, since you have not signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to copy, distribute or modify the OIC. These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this License. Therefore, by distributing or translating the OIC, or by deriving works herefrom, you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so, and all its terms and conditions for copying, distributing or translating the OIC.
4. You are aware that you should store and use the most recent (versions of) OIC in your environment as the OIC is regularly updated, to avoid communicating wrong, incomplete or otherwise outdated OIC to your audience.
5. BECAUSE THE OIC IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE OIC, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE OIC “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK OF USE OF THE OIC IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE OIC PROVE FAULTY, INACCURATE, OR OTHERWISE UNACCEPTABLE YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
6. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MIRROR AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE OIC AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE OIC, EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7. For downloading and using this OIC you will register for a free Open Icecat account. By downloading and using this free OIC you give permission that usage information regarding their OIC is provided to the respective copyright holders on their request. Privacy-sensitive details will be excluded from this usage information unless you give explicit permission for sharing this.
8. You will actively encourage relevant copyright holders, typically brand owners, to provide their product content and other content under this OIC as well, and for this reason become sponsor of Open Icecat.
Version 1.2, January 22, 2021.
Read further: Terms, copyrights
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *