Activating Two Factor Authentication (2FA) in Icecat PIM and Icecat Front Office
To improve on privacy protection and online security Icecat has implemented Two Factor Authentication (2FA) functionality as an additional protection of a user’s account. 2FA is an extra layer of security for a user profile, designed to ensure that only authorized users can access their account, even if someone knows the password. For 2FA we chose to use the Google Authenticator as it is user-friendly designed, stable and well-accepted in the market.
You can activate 2FA option from your user profile
2FA can both be activated in the front office – login via the Icecat website – as in the Icecat editorial backoffice or PIM.
- In the Front Office you can activate 2FA after clicking on the “Configuration” button next to “Two factor authentication”
- In the Icecat PIM, the editorial backoffice, you can simply check the box next to “Google 2fa authentication”
Using Google Authenticator
To activate the 2FA option, please perform the following actions:
- Download the 2FA application for your device – Google Play or App Store;
- Allow the application to access the camera.
- Enter your secret using the QR code
- Enter the authentication code and confirm installation
After activation you need to enter the 2FA code next to your login name and password every time you log in the Icecat Front Office or the Icecat PIM.
In case you want to deactivate 2FA option you can do it in the same way as you activated it: by clicking on the “Configuration” button or checking out the checkbox, from the Icecat Front Office and the Icecat PIM respectively. You will finalize deactivation by entering again the authentication code and giving confirmation.